Best Portable Pressure Washers
It seems that manufacturers of pressure washers compete to see who has the most powerful machine, but many of them completely ignore the fact that people need a small, compact pressure washer for easy cleaning. Fortunately, some brands have recognized the need and we have tested to find the best portable pressure washer for the household.
Did you know you can get a handy washing machine that weighs less than 10 pounds for less than $100? We took the time to find the best equipment and write the reviews on the portable high pressure washers. Based on their best and worst qualities, we give an honest and objective opinion. We even went a step further and made an extensive shopping guide for buying the mini washing machine.
5 Best Portable Pressure Washers
Sun Joe SPX1000 Electric Pressure Washer
Small. Powerful. Comfortable. This compact high pressure cleaner has an output pressure of 1450 psi (PSI) and 1.45 gallons per minute. For such a small portable device, this product has an enormous capacity. Small high pressure cleaners can usually only clean lightly, but this little Sun Joe can help you with dirtier surfaces.
This is an electric washing machine with a 35-foot cable, which is sufficient for regular cleaning of the whole house. This baby is perfect if you want to quickly remove dirt and grime from your porch, yard, patio, car and even a deliberate accumulation of moss and manure. You can easily lift it or roll it, either way it’s a piece of cake if it only weighs 11.7 pounds.
This mini-pressure cleaner is also equipped with a complete locking system and activates a safety lock to prevent the gun from being used accidentally. This product is affordable (I’m not trying to say it’s cheap) and can really simplify the cleaning process. However, it consists mainly of plastic parts, so its quality must be in line with its value.
- One of the best features of this small washing machine is the adjustable nozzle that comes with it. Use it as you like and do your job. And let’s not forget the 33-inch stick. You can easily reach any surface when you are at a safe distance from the water. If something happens to this electric car wash, you can always repair it with a 2 year warranty. Another advantage of this washing machine is the very low price.
- Although it is a small, handy device, it needs to be installed. Remove the screwdriver from the toolbox, as you will need it. Another disadvantage of this high-pressure cleaner is that the hose is made of lightweight plastic, so it can leak after a few uses. It also depends on your use and storage. Moreover, the O-rings are of poor quality. Maybe you can order some more with the washing machine.
Greenworks 1500 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer
This is also a compact and powerful high pressure cleaner with an amazing 1500 PSI and 1.2 GMP. This device can easily perform light to medium cleaning tasks, including mud and dirt. You can position this Greenworks energy purifier both vertically and horizontally, depending on which of the two is most stable in use.
This mini washing machine comes with a handy soap applicator so you can thoroughly clean each department. There are two quick-release nipples that can be replaced at any time because they are easy to remove. You can cover a large area with a 35-foot power cord. This pressure washer is certified by the Pressure Washer Association.
- It is always good to have extra protection, and this pressure washer has a safety device on the power cord. Another advantage of this device is that it is very easy to build – you can get it up and running in minutes. Although sold as a small, compact unit, this 1500 PSI electric pressure washer still has enough power to perform light to medium cleaning tasks.
- We always give unbiased feedback, so that the good sides are followed by the bad. The supplied hose connector is of inferior quality, making it susceptible to wear and tear. She could possibly escape. The engine is very noisy at first, but after a while it gets quieter. This small pressure washer has no wheels, so you have to take it everywhere you go.
AR Blue Clean AR112 1600 PSI 1.58 GPM Electric Hand Carry Pressure Washer
AR Blue Clean is a very powerful electric pressure washer with a capacity of 1600 PSI and a water pressure of 1.58 gallons per minute. This means it can easily treat even dirtier surfaces and harder stains.
Another advantage of this compact high pressure washer is that it has hardened stainless steel pistons. This means that corrosion is less likely. This device has a paint gun and an easy to use spray gun. All accessories such as the detergent bottle, the high pressure hose and the lance are specially designed for the spray gun at the first shot.
The AR Blue Clean hand dishwasher has a reputation for safety. It has no wheels, so it has to be towed, but on the other hand it weighs only 18.2 pounds.
- The best part is the full one-year warranty – we’re talking bumper-to-bumper. What’s more, it can’t hurt to have the best customer service in its class. There is also a complete shutdown system that automatically shuts off the pressure washer until the start button is pressed. This means that electrical energy is also stored. In addition, AR Blue Clean has the highest PSI and GPM performance among the compact rings studied here.
- The price determines the quality of the parts and the three axial piston pumps, which with this device are not considered very durable in the long run. It is still a very powerful device for periodic cleaning. Another disadvantage is the short-term return policy, as you only have 30 days to return the goods. The device generally has a cheap plastic appearance.
Snow Joe SPX200E Electric Pressure Washer
This is a good cleaner that is easy to use with high pressure cleaners and ideal for this use. This is not one of the most powerful mini-pressure cleaners on our list with a pressure of 1350 PSI on the outside and 1.45 GPM. This Sun Joe is equipped with a nozzle that makes it possible to regulate the exhaust pressure by turning it.
As optional equipment, this handy high pressure washer comes with an extension bar and an adapter for a garden hose. The 35-foot power cord can cover most areas, but you’ll have to carry it by hand because this washing machine doesn’t have wheels either.
It is not the highest quality product with the highest water pressure, but it is suitable for simple routine cleaning tasks. The price corresponds perfectly to the quality of the product, but if something happens, it is covered by a two-year warranty. Weighing just 3.5 kg, it is one of the smallest high-pressure cleaners on our list.
- The best feature of this washing machine is the adjustable spray bar. You can use it any way you want. The output pressure regulator allows you to select the required pressure force with a single click to switch from light to medium cleaning. This means that you can deal with sensitive surfaces and robust terraces. In addition, this high-pressure cleaner saves energy: it stops the pump when it is not in use. Use a 20 foot high pressure hose powered by a 10 amp motor because the price is more than affordable.
- We have already said that it can withstand light and medium cleaning, but unfortunately this machine cannot withstand heavier dirt and stains. Another disadvantage is that you cannot mount a foam gun. The soap dispenser is an excellent tool for quick or thorough cleaning, even if you don’t have to apply a lot of pressure. Assembly can be difficult until you get it right.
Sun Joe SPX6000C-XR iON Cordless Pressure Washer
This is a high-pressure cleaner with the lowest PSI power (only 1160 PSI), but no matter how much it costs, it gets the job done anyway. The most striking thing about this handy washing machine is that it runs on batteries and comes with a 40-volt rechargeable battery.
The pressure must suffer, but with the 1160 PSI it’s still a handy bucket pressure machine that can wash your car, boat, van, terrace, windows, street furniture and everything else that needs less power. The good thing is you can take it anywhere and clean it.
With this portable pressure washer with water reservoir you can use the water bucket or you can connect it to a garden hose and use it as a normal pressure washer. He is slightly heavier, with 19.8 pounds (unladen), but fortunately he is easy to move because he has 4 wheels.
- The perfectly designed bucket makes it possible to work without a stable water supply, so you can still use the pressure washer even if for some reason you cannot connect it to the water supply. This rechargeable washing machine comes with a 5 amp battery that you can recharge at any time. And the most important advantage is of course the absence of strings. This lightweight washing machine comes with 4 quick nozzles and a soap syringe.
- The absence of an electric cable results in low ISP and exhaust pressure and reduced cleaning capacity. Although this battery-operated high-pressure cleaner has 4 wheels and is easy to transport around the house, it cannot be used in remote areas such as fields, construction sites and the countryside. In addition, we find it reprehensible to sell the charger and the battery separately from the pressure washer.
Portable pressure washers vs standard
If you are looking for the answer to a question you need to answer, you have come to the right place. Think about the areas to be cleaned and the surrounding land and consider how much time you are willing to spend on these tasks. If you just want a machine that helps you wash your car and windows at home, you can solve it all with a manual electric car wash. So here are some ideas.
1. Portable high-pressure cleaners
- They have a light cleaning, refreshing surfaces and removing dirt and dust.
- You don’t have time to connect and operate heavy equipment, especially when it comes to short and simple tasks.
- The prize plays an important role in the decision-making process. Small, high-quality rings cost less than $100, while standard units can cost anywhere from a few hundred to over a thousand dollars.
- You don’t intend to use the device that often.
- They have a smaller area. You do not need a large cleaning unit for a small aisle or stem.
2. Standard electric rings
- Requires higher cleaning performance, PSI and GPM output.
- You intend to use the device for intensive cleaning and removal of stains such as garage grease and oil, road signs in driveways or gutters. To prepare a surface for painting, a device that is powerful enough to remove previous layers of paint is required.
- The terrain is difficult to access. If you need a battery-powered but powerful device, you can always use a washing machine with a petrol engine.
- You have many different tasks to perform, from light cleaning to medium or heavy cleaning. A standard pressure washer can cover everything.
- You need warm water to wash. Small high-pressure cleaners usually only offer a cold wash.
Advantages and disadvantages of a portable pressure washer
The main advantage of a compact pressure washer is its size. People buy portable high-pressure cleaners because they don’t want standard cleaners with them. Small units weigh between 9 and 20 pounds, and standard heavy-duty scrubbers can weigh between 30 and 60 pounds. Mobility is a problem, especially when you have an easy cleaning task ahead of you and don’t want to waste time getting rid of a big guy when a compact and powerful washing machine can handle it. That’s why many people invest in a portable washing machine.
They have larger and more powerful heavy-duty units and because they are so used to the benefits of high-pressure cleaning, any lighter cleaning tasks are redirected to smaller washing machines. Once you’re connected to one of the most powerful electric high-pressure cleaners in our magazines, you’ll never want to use a simple garden hose again.
The benefits are even more obvious when you buy a battery that is ideal for cleaning boats, cars and small jobs on shipyards, such as decks and furniture. No wires, no sockets. Even if for some reason you can’t connect an electric washing machine to a water source, or if you have a cleaning job so small that a bucket is enough to do it, a high-pressure washing machine in a can is the ideal solution.
In addition, the low water pressure makes it possible to do the work without spending too much on electricity bills.
There are not many, but the biggest disadvantage is the low efficiency of the PSI and GPM, which also means less cleaning power. We have noticed that many of these devices come with a shorter warranty.
What can I clean with a portable washing machine?
Portable high-pressure cleaners have many applications: they can be the best tool for cleaning different types of surfaces. If you’re tired of all the hassle of cleaning your patio, driveway or other outdoor furniture, a portable pressure washer is the solution to your problem.
You can also use the manual pressure washer to clean the fences in your garden or car. It will help you get the job done as quickly as possible. You don’t have to clean the streets all day. With this car, you can do it in a second. Stop scratching pine cones and needles on the terrace. Dogs ruin the concrete? A high-pressure cleaner removes all stains. A good pressure washer can remove mould, mildew, mildew and stains from almost any surface.
Buyer’s guide for portable pressure washers
1. PSI and GPM
Pounds per square inch is the number indicating the strength of the water pressure, and gallons per minute is the amount of water flowing under that pressure. The higher these figures, the greater the cleaning capacity.
2. Ancillary equipment
It is always a pleasure to have a soap dispenser. Especially if you want a thorough cleaning, but not the strongest. This solution is perfect for very dirty but fragile surfaces such as glass.
Other optional equipment for handshake cleaners includes a retractable hose, various nozzles, cleaning brushes and various accessories.
For example, if you already know that you need a soap dispenser, it is best to buy a high-pressure cleaner that has already been delivered – so you know exactly what the product will do. If something happens or does not work as promised, you can always count on your guarantee.
You are unlikely to be able to claim this warranty if you purchase two products from different manufacturers, even if they are standard connectors. If you also need to purchase additional equipment, you must use the same manufacturer. The Sun Joe Soap Dispenser must not be used on Greenworks washing machines, etc.
3. Power supply
Think about why you need a small pressure washer in addition to convenience. Is it still connected to a power source and water? Do you need a rechargeable battery or simple electricity? Think wisely and make a decision.
Are you buying something that can extend your season or two years, or are you looking for the strongest unit? It is important to remember that small, lightweight high-pressure cleaners are not designed for years of use.
As a result, manufacturers produce them mainly from low-grade plastic parts that can bear low operating costs and are, of course, relatively inexpensive compared to standard equipment. Each part used in these compact units is selected on the basis of different characteristics – price of the parts and reduced weight.
Pay attention to the warranty, especially since these devices are not designed for frequent use. This means that any overload shortens the service life and you need a good warranty that covers your base.
Choose a device with wheels – it gets easier and easier. Or choose a product that you can take with you comfortably. There’s no reason to buy a big hand wash.
First check that your washing machine is equipped with a pressure tank containing soap or detergent. If not, check if you can buy it. Some mini washing machines are not even equipped with a soap dispenser.
Most brands of pressure washers have their own detergent, but you can always buy similar (or identical) brands in the supermarket. There is a selection of cleaning products for cleaning floors, cars, bricks and walls, terraces, etc.
If you want to do small cleaning jobs every week, invest in a compact but strong appliance with a long warranty. However, if you plan to make your life easier from time to time with a pressure washer, a small pressure washer will suffice for your needs.
1500 PSI is more than enough to wash the deck. You have to be very careful, because 1500 PSI can even damage conifers and leave traces. Many of these portable washing machines have a PSI value of less than 1500.
All high pressure washers on our list are small, compact and easy to transport. But despite the fact that they are small, some come with wheels and others will have to take them with them. Fortunately, all high-pressure cleaners of this product weigh less than 20 pounds.
It only takes about 700 PSI to wash your car with electricity and leave no streaks. All these small high pressure cleaners on our list will clean your car properly.
Concrete access roads require a little more PSI for deep cleaning. Some people say it takes at least 3000 PSI, which doesn’t make sense. Even 2500 PSI can damage your concrete! The real question is, what are you trying to get out of that concrete? The 1000 PSI pipette is more than enough to quickly clean fallen leaves and pine cones, the soap dispenser is more suitable for fighting grease stains, etc.
Regular lane cleaning can be done with these small machines, but with a large lane it obviously takes longer to wash it with a compact high-pressure cleaner than with a heavy machine.
Yes, all these small washing machines provide enough PSI to clean decks, outdoor furniture, stairs, sidewalks, cars, boats, etc. The same applies to the removal of dirt and dust. Depending on the severity of the stain and the fragility of the mud, dirt and faeces, these units are ideal for light cleaning tasks, while some units with higher PSI and GPM are also suitable for medium-duty tasks.
It depends on the surface you clean. The impact is stronger if you hold the nozzle close to the surface. But be careful, because if you use a high-pressure cleaner with a large PSI and GPM output close to the surface, the water jet can injure you. Wear overalls and rubber shoes.
When it comes to cleaning, it is not the same if you wash the second floor of your house with a strong explosion of water or if you focus on wooden furniture. Read the manual carefully to find out which surfaces can be cleaned at a certain pressure and which nozzles should be used.
When you think of the advantages of the best portable pressure washer, it is clear that it is always convenient to have such a device at home or in the country. Especially in a summerhouse, actually. Imagine if you don’t visit the house for a while, then the part where you have to do the first cleaning comes. Your best ally could be a manual pressure washer. The goal is to reduce the cleaning time to a few minutes.
In summary: It’s good to lie down at home if you’re not a passionate caregiver who uses it every day. All the washing machines described above are very practical, easy to transport and still have enough power for serious (but simple) cleaning. For other types please visit our homepage.
If you have any questions about cleaning with small, powerful washing machines, if you need advice and tips, or if you think there should be a particular high-pressure cleaner on this list of portable high-pressure cleaners, please let us know below.